If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends.
1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn’t)
For me, it had to be face to face! I live less than 10 minutes down the road from HPSS. In fact I registered and then asked school if I could go. Luckily they said yes.
2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
There were 10 of us from Westlake Girls High School. But I spent most of my time avoiding them (only because I wanted to meet other new people).
3. How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
Ummm, maybe one. I was too busy revelling in the goodness. But I spent a lot of time checking my back for post it notes.
4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
@mattynicholl – to be careful what you say when posing for grelphies
@mindkits – that perseverance does pay off. Finally got that robot to work.
@GeoMouldey – Well actually I learnt a lot from his students and what they are capable of expressing and explaining when given the chance.
5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
Face to face #edchatnz. But I really wanted to go and play with the robots. It was a tough choice.
6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned?
Actually everyone I wanted to go, went. I think we had a great group from our school attend and I’m sure it will continue to grow.
6. Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why?
Yes – I missed meeting @rosmaceachern. She has been a real encourager for me and we’ve never met.
7. What is the next book you are going to read and why?
3D Game programming for kids because I’m a geek and I’ve got to find some more stuff for Code Club for Teachers.
8. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #EdchatNZ?
I’m going to investigate SOLO again.
9. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
I’m trying to do that now, within the constraints of the school. As @mrsmeganpete said – don’t always tell them what you are doing.
Who do I tag with this meme: